I will not let this take me down. I will not let the fact that I wear a hijab stop me from going places in fear that I will be persecuted or judged. I will ignore the stares. I will go wherever i want to and I will embrace it with both arms. I will not worry. I will not worry. I must go places…
I wanna meet someone’s who’s going to be like ‘hey wake up I’m taking you on an adventure’
Seven steps for overcoming ego’s hold on you
1. Stop being offended
2. Let go of your need to win
3. Let go of your need to be right
4. Let go of your need to be superior
5. Let go of your need to have more
6. Let go of identifying yourself on the basis of your achievements
7. Let go of your reputation
Ego is the source of a lot of conflict and dissension because it pushes you in the direction of making other people wrong.
Don’t feel sorry for the blind, they can’t see the haraam that you see.
Don’t feel sorry for the deaf, they can’t hear the haraam that you hear.
Don’t feel sorry for the mute. They cannot speak the haraam words that you speak.
Feel sorry for yourself. You have all of your senses intact yet you are heedless.